At OMPL, a focus on employee’s health is a priority. All programmes are designed with an eye to ensure to improve the health status, well being and productivity of employees by creating a workplace environment that actively and consistently reinforces, promotes and supports healthy behaviours.
OMPL is having fully equipped Occupational Health Centre with round the clock doctors, paramedical staff specially trained to monitor the health of employees working in hazardous areas. The health care personnel regularly interact with plant operators and managers. The Employees data bank is maintained at OHC to know the status of the health.
In addition, personnel working in hazardous areas are subjected to periodical medical examination to study the effect of hazards, viz
- Annual Medical examinations
- Benzene Test
- Audiometry test working in noise area
The employees are regularly imparted training on work related hazards and ways and means to protect from hazards, some of these programmes are:
- Awareness on occupational health hazards.
- First Aid training
- Presentation on Health tips
- Management of Fatigue at workplace
- Awareness on Tobacco chewing
- General Consultation & Counselling
In addition, several active programmes are regularly conducted to boost good health
- Blood donation camp yearly once within premise
- Drinking water portability tests carried out at various locations
- Nutritional and Hygiene food supplied at canteen.
- The quality of the canteen food reviewed by the canteen committee monthly.